Can I open an account if I work at a bank / am a licensed representative? (HK)

We have clients from all the major financial institutions in Hong Kong, and we work with you and your Compliance team to ensure that you fulfil your company’s personal account dealing policies when you open an account. 

Endowus only offers collective investment schemes (CIS) such as mutual funds through our platform, and does not offer  single stocks/bonds or exchange-traded products.

For some firms, company approval is not required for investments in funds or CIS. If that’s the case, you can let us know during onboarding by reaching out to and we will waive the employee letter approval requirement for you.

We have also prepared the information below when seeking advice from your company or compliance team on whether an approval letter is required:

Information about Endowus Accounts

  • Endowus is licensed under the Securities and Futures Ordinance (Cap571) to carry on business in Type 1 (Dealing in Securities), Type 4 (Advising on Securities) and Type 9 (Asset Management) regulated activities.
  • Endowus only offers collective investment schemes to clients. 
  • Endowus does not offer exchange-traded products, or individual securities acquired directly through an initial public offering or through a private placement. 

For more information on our services, please refer to our website (

Personal Account Dealing (PAD) Letter

If your firm requires a letter stating the nature of the account, please contact us at to obtain a PAD letter. You can also find a template here for reference.


Auto-forwarding of monthly statements to Compliance or other required parties

We understand some firms require their employees to forward their monthly trading and account activity statements to compliance teams or other required parties. We have set up an auto-forward function to enable that in just one click. Please refer here for instructions on setting up this function on your account.

Articles in this section